Ayanbinrin has a strong presence in Africa through her classic and singular brand. She is one of the trailblazers among Nigeria female talking drummers that have gained recognition in the ever competitive entertainment industry. Besides being noted for her dexterity on the indigenous drums, she is reputed for her electrifying artistic talent in singing, dance routines and acting to mention only a few. Her arts exhibit the best in African theatrical aesthetics.
Ayanbinrin is a cultural enthusiast and pacesetter, who has been in the forefront of maintaining the legacy that the arts create an identity and they are part of the foundation of the society and globalization. She challenges the idea that western culture is the standard by which other cultures are measured. Ayanbinrin stand for the showcase and celebration of women’s contribution in Africa and African Diaspora.
Iya-Ilu as she is fondly called by her fans (meaning The Mother of Drums), bagged a Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical and Polymer Engineering from Lagos State University. She has been honoured with ten prominent awards for demonstrating exceptional artistic talent in her chosen field.
- The awards/recognition includes:
- •Cultural Ambassador 2011, by the Alaafin of Oyo Kingdom, His Royal Majesty Oba (Dr.) Lamidi Adeyemi (CON).
- •Odua Royal Icon Award (ORI) 2012, as the “Asoju Odobinrin of Yoruba Land”. Meaning, Female Ambassador of the Yoruba kingdom.
- •Solidra Circle Award for the Arts, 2005 for the “Outstanding Performing Arts”.
- •Yoruba Heritage Awards 2011, for “Best Female Musician of the year” in United Kingdom.
- •Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA), 2008 for the “Most Indigenous Music Video” (nomination).
- •“Most Creative African Entertainer Award” 2012, from Top Elegance Magazine.
- •Yoruba Drum Festival Ambassador from 2010-2012.
- •Mother Drum Arts Festival Ambassador 2012 till present.
UPCOMING AWARDS/ RECOGNITION
• Ayanbinrin will be adding another feather to her cap in June, 2014 as the music icon has been appointed as the “International Cultural Ambassador for Miss Nigeria Florida Cultural Pageant”.
• Ayanbinrin has been listed as one of the “most influential people in the Arts” at the forth coming Mother Earth Music Award 2014.
• Ayanbinrin has been nominated for the “Best Traditional Artiste of the year” at the forthcoming Yoruba Music and Films Awards (YOMAFA) in June, 2014.
• Ayanbinrin will be conferred with a chieftaincy title in her home State, Ondo, in recognition of her outstanding achievement in the arts/entertainment industry in August, 2014.
Ayanbinrin also anchors traditional wedding and introductions which the Yoruba's call "Alaga Ijoko/Iduro". Her style is distinct and mind blowing as she infuses her drumming techniques.