OLAKANYE TOSIN ESTHER
Date of birth: 7th April 1980. Height: 5ft- 6inches
Marital status: Married
Contact address: 8, Adeshina Street, Egbeda, Shasha, Akowonjo, Lagos, Nigeria. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org website: www.ayanbinrin.com
Phone no: +2348059635004 or +234-8023886946.
I am an accomplished and energetic talking drummer, singer, dancer, arts enthusiast and cultural entrepreneur. I aim to give my best in all activities that I undertake, posses excellent time management skills and complete all tasks to a high level of accuracy as well as using each task as an opportunity to seek out ways to improve existing processes. I am proactive with strong commitment to performing quality work for my client.
I am a pacesetter in the world of arts and part of the Executive team of various growing entrepreneurial organizations that supports the renaissance of African indigenous Arts and cultural values.
To make the brand “Ayanbinrin” a household name through the arts as well as teaching, sustaining and propagating positive African cultural values that is at the brink of extinction to Africans and the Diaspora which will in turn put the continent in a growth path.
- *Excellent communication skills demonstrated in delivering works of arts
- *Expert in Strategic planning and client relationship management
- *Strong problem solver and ability to manage people of different backgrounds
- *Excel in fund raising technology
- *Expert in management and promotion of African Arts and Culture as well as organizing and coordinating events like festivals, concerts, conferences, workshops and other sundry
- *Proficiency in the Arts and strong desire to rejuvenate and celebrate cultural heritage of the Black and African people
- * A quick learner with strong desire to maximize opportunities in diverse settings
- *Experienced in developing interesting social and intellectual works
- *Exceptional planning and implementation capabilities
- *Committed to delivering high quality results with little or no supervision
Lagos State University 1999-2007, B.SC in Chemical/Polymer Engineering
Egbado College, Ilaro, Ogun State. 1991-1997 (Secondary Education)
State Primary School, Dopemu, Lagos. 1985-1990(Primary Education)
- *Secretary of Association of Professional Drummers of Nigeria
- *Drafted meeting agendas and festival proposals
- *Design and maintain electronic file system
- Project Director of Mother Drum Arts Foundation since 2012 to present
- *Creates power-point presentation used for business development of the foundation
- *Receives and screen high volume e-mails sent to the website of the foundation
- *Created the Mother Drum Arts Festival, organized workshops, trainings, art exhibitions and give awards under the platform of the foundation
- *Compose letters, arrange and source for sponsors
- *Motivate arts, innovate new ideas, review past efforts and creatively design the vision and mission of the foundation.
- Royal Adviser & Matron, Yoruba Council of Youth
- Member, Professional Musician Association of Nigeria (PMAN)
- Member, Female leadership Forum Nigeria
- Member, Arise Nigeria Woman
- Member, Lagos State Council for Arts and Culture
- Member, Association of Professional Drummers of Nigeria (APDON)
- • Cultural Ambassador 2011, by His Royal Majesty Oba (Dr.) Lamidi Adeyemi (CON) the Alaafin of Oyo Kingdom.
- • Odua Royal Icon Award (ORI) 2012, as the “Asoju Odobinrin of Yoruba Land”. Meaning, Female Ambassador of the Yoruba kingdom.
- • Solidra Circle Award for Excellence, 2005 for the “Outstanding Performing Art”.
- • Yoruba Heritage Awards 2011, for “Best Female Musician of the year” in United Kingdom.
- • Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA), 2008 for the “Most Indigenous Music Video” (nomination).
- • “Most Creative African Entertainer Award” 2012, from Top Elegance Magazine.
- • Yoruba Drum Festival Ambassador from 2010-2012.
- • Mother Drum Arts Festival Ambassador 2012 till present.
UPCOMING AWARDS/ RECOGNITION:
- • Ayanbinrin will be adding another feather to her cap in June, 2014 as the music icon has been appointed as the “International Cultural Ambassador for Miss Nigeria Florida Cultural Pageant”.
- • Ayanbinrin has been listed as one of the “most influential people in the Arts” at the forth coming Mother Earth Music Award 2014.
- • Ayanbinrin has been nominated for the “Best Traditional Artiste of the year” at the forthcoming Yoruba Music and Films Awards (YOMAFA) in June, 2014.
- • Ayanbinrin will be conferred with a chieftaincy title in her home State, Ondo, in recognition of her outstanding achievement in the arts/entertainment industry in August, 2014.
REFERENCES:•Chief (Mrs.) Nike Davies-Okundaye Nike Art Gallery 2, Elegushi Road, 3rd Round About, Lekki-Epe Express-way, Lagos, Nigeria. Tel: +234-8034096656. +234-1 270 5964-5
•Professor Tunde Babawale (Director General, CBAAC), Centre for Black and African Arts and Civilization, 36/38, Broad Street, Lagos, Nigeria. Tel: +234-8023151008.