Ayanbinrin the Mother Drum of Africa
|Download The Sojourn||Download Mama Afrika|
|To download right click, and save as target on your desktop|
Ayanbinrin journeyed into music professionally in 2003 and she released her first album titled “Unveil” in 2009. She bagged a Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical and Polymer Engineering from Lagos State University, Nigeria and she has been applying that knowledge to her career as a entertainer. Mother Drum as fondly called by her fans is a cultural enthusiast who has successfully maintained a positive public perception and her art is a veritable instrument that stimulates and propagates the cultural heritage of the Black and African people as well as fostering unity around the globe. Ayanbinrin has demonstrated exceptional artistic talent in her chosen field. She is renowned for her outstanding performances with her seven-man-band called the “Origin band” with prominent awards and recognitions to her credit.
Ayanbinrin the Mother Drum of Africa is a Cultural Enthusiast who has successfully popularize her Afro-Contemporary genre of music.
- Cultural Ambassador 2011, by the Alaafin of Oyo Kingdom, His Royal Majesty Oba (Dr.) Lamidi Adeyemi (CON).
- City of Miami Gardens recognition and appointment as the International Cultural Ambassador for the Miss Nigeria Florida Cultural Pageant in 2014.
- Odua Royal Icon Award (ORI) 2012, as the “Asoju Odobinrin of Yoruba Land”. Meaning, Female Ambassador of the Yoruba kingdom.
- Mother Earth Music Award 2014, “One of the most influential people in the Arts”.
- Yoruba Festival of Culture 2014,”Custodian of Yoruba Cultural Heritage.
- Solidra Circle Award for the Arts, 2005 for the “Outstanding Performing Arts”.
- Yoruba Heritage Awards 2011, for “Best Female Musician of the year” in United Kingdom.
- Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA), 2008 for the “Most Indigenous Music Video” (nomination).
- Best Humanitarian of the year 2017 from D&ksuomi International Women Foundation.
Watch Ayanbinrin De video
Ayanbinrin’s vocal prowess is outstanding and she is dynamic in her compositions. She sings in English, Yoruba and her native Ondo dialect.
Her drum style is sometimes responsorial where she plays some proverbs, maxims and wise sayings and the band performs the refrain or echo.
• D&ksuomi Award/International Women Conference. August 25-26th, 2017. Dallas, Texas,USA.
• An evening with the Mother Drum of Africa October 8th, 2017. Miami, Florida, USA. .
Ayanbinrin waoed her audience at the just concluded Ankara Miami Festival.
Ayanbinrin's performance at Africa Unite Concert in Tampa, Florida, USA.
New York City2017
Ayanbinrin at African American celebration of Black History Month.
Ayanbinrin's outstanding performance at the 2015 edition of MODAFEST.